SFTRU has achieved the following accomplishments:
- SFTRU members proposed an all-door boarding pilot program to SFMTA in fall 2011. The agency put the policy change before the MTA Board which, after testimony by SFTRU members, ultimately adopted the proposal.
- ADB has decreased boarding times on many routes, including by 17.9% on the 1AX-California and 8% on the 38-Geary.
- Received an award from Livable City for our success implementing this policy change.
- ADB was voted the Best Livable Streets story on Streetsblog in 2012.
- Created and distributed 2,500 ADB informational brochures to inform riders about all-door boarding. July 2012.
Van Ness Bus Rapid Transit
- Adopted a rider-selected design for Van Ness BRT, including buses that run in the center lanes of the street for more reliable and faster service.
- When Muni was considering moving the bus to the slower curb-side lanes, we met with MTA and successfully advocated for keeping the bus in the faster, center lanes.
- Held a forum on Van Ness BRT so that transit riders could speak directly with agency officials about the project. May 2012.
Geary Bus Rapid Transit
- Designed and administered a survey of nearly 600 riders on Geary BRT. July – August 2012.
- Conducted a forum on Geary BRT that was attended by more than 60 people. August 2012.
Transit Effectiveness Project (TEP)
- Held a meeting on the 14 and 30 with MTA officials to determine how best to improve travel times on those routes. March 2012.
- Organized transit advocates to attend TEP community meetings to ensure MTA adopts improvements that make Muni quicker and more reliable for transit riders. April – May 2012.
Organized Transit Riders
- Divisadero Art Walk, July 2012.
- Sunday Streets Dogpatch, July 2012.
- Sunday Streets Mission, Aug 2012.
- Sunday Streets NoPa, Sept 2012.
- Sunday Streets Excelsior, Oct 2012
- Co-organized Sustainable Transportation Mixer with more than twelve other advocacy organizations in the region, helping to build partnerships between the organizations. January 2013.
- Launched a summer fellowship program, selecting two fellows for an eight-week fellowship that included: Organizing our campaigns, campaign training, and hitting the streets to spread our message directly to riders. June – August 2012.
- Co-hosted a forum on modernizing Caltrain and expediting high-speed rail investments with Friends of Caltrain and the Sierra Club, Feb 2012.